The Thalia Lions Club Finance/ Budget Committee is under the overall supervision of the First Vice President. The committee prepares a budget to be presented to the
Board of Directors at its August meeting for approval. Separate budgets are prepared for
the Administrative Account and the Charitable Fund. The budget is based on the best estimates of income and expenditures to stay within the yearly income. It includes such carryover items as previously approved by the membership. The Finance Committee reviews the financial records kept by the Treasurer at least quarterly and recommends to the Board of Directors any adjustments to the budget it may deem necessary. The Finance Committee recommends to the Treasurer, subject to approval by the Board of Directors, a bank or banks to deposit all monies and, as required, financial institutions for the establishment of money market accounts, purchase of certificates of deposit, obtaining of loans, and such as financial transactions as may from time to time be deemed necessary by the Board of Directors. The Finance Committee selects and recommends to the Board of Directors an accounting or tax preparation firm to assure all books are kept in a proper manner and that all tax obligations and tax reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
The Thalia Lions Club Leadership Development Committee is under the overall supervision of the First Vice President and is responsible to provide a variety of leadership development opportunities for current and future Lions leaders.
Formal training is provided by Lions of Virginia as follows:
* Officers' Training at the Sarah Hudgins Bonwell Center - 2009-04-18
* District Leadership Training 2009-9 (to be announced)
* Lions Learning Center Online - see
The Thalia Lions Club Website Committee is under the overall supervision of the Second Vice President and is responsible to ensure that the Official Thalia Club web Site - http://thalialions.blogspot.com/ is kept up-to-date as an introduction to those exploring and investigating Lionism for the first time and as a resource for current members to include club description for prospective members, club activities, meetings minutes, future events schedule, local pertinent news, committee descriptions, club rules, officer duties, relevant web site links, and any information that will make the Thalia Lions web site stand out as a vital resource to the Club, other Lions’ clubs and the community.
The Thalia Lions Club Constitution and By-Laws Committee is under the overall supervision of the Second Vice President. The committee is responsible to
1. Keep up to date on any changes to the standard Lions Club Constitution and Bylaws.
2. Keep up to date the Virginia Beach Thalia Lions Club Constitution and By-Laws Manual.
3. Prepare amendments to the By-Laws for presentation at a special meeting called by the President.
4. Mail the proposed amendment(s) to each club member two (2) weeks prior to the special meeting.
5. Bring to the attention of the President any procedures being improperly administered by the club.
The Thalia Lions Club Phone Tree Committee is under the overall supervision of the Second Vice President and is responsible to ensure the Member Roster is up-to-date and mailed to all members.
The Thalia Lions Club Socials / Recreation Committee is under the overall supervision of the Second Vice President and for ...
1. Christmas Party (December)
2. Charter Night (June)
3. Ensuring that the one half hour socials prior to regular meetings are well attended.
4. Encouraging and hosting informal get-togethers.
The Thalia Lions Club Greeters Committee is under the overall supervision of the Second Vice President. The greeters insure that all members greet any guests and other members of the club at all times, especially at time of arrival. Greeters enhance the process of newer and older members recognizing one another and becoming better acquainted. Greeters also assure that each guest is properly seated, and that Traveling Leo gusets are not seated together but inter-disbursed among Thalia Lions. The committee is responsible to call members prior to a regularly scheduled meeting to insure they know the time and place of the meeting and to report absences to the Secretary at the meeting.
The Thalia Lions Club Drawing Committee is under the overall supervision of the Third Vice President. The committee is responsible to
1. Conduct auctions, raffles, or drawings for the Charitable Fund as carried out by the the TailTwister.
2. Turn over all money collected to the Treasurer.
The Thalia Lions Club Public Relations Committee is under the overall supervision of the Third Vice President and is responsible to provide information and press releases to newspapers, radio, bulletin boards, clubs, community organizations, business establishments, etc. about Thalia activities and its web site http://www.thalialionsclub.org/
The Thalia Lions Club Member Care, Health & Social Services Committee is under the overall supervision of the Third Vice President. The committee is responsible to
1. Keep up with Thalia members insuring the club knows about sickness, celebrations, births, and other major events of club members and family.
2. Send out appropriate greeting cards.
3. Coordinate with the Phone Tree Committee to ascertain absences.
4. Notify the President of any extended absences from regular meetings.