"Welcome to the Thalia Lions Club. Please call on me @ 747-3601 or email email@example.com. Thank you Past President Lion Jeri Furman for your dedication and service. I pledge to help continue with the high quality of service our members have provided to the Hampton Roads community."
Lion Roger Snell
Service Project 2012/13! Lions Clubs International Theme for 2012/13 is “In a World of Service.” In keeping with this theme International President Wayne Madden is challenging Lions to participate in a local “Reading Action Program” that focuses on increasing literacy and access to learning resources. The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) is partnering with Lions Clubs International in this effort.
The Thalia Lions Club has....
*Provided materials and volunteer help for visually impaired teens’ get-to-gathers at the Bayside Special Service Library.
*Donated used or new books for Up Center Book Store (222 West 19th Street Norfolk, Virginia 23517) sales. The Up Center is a regional organization that helps families in need and people with disabilities by selling donated used books.
* Also see http://thalialions.blogspot.com/2009/03/vision-impaired-children.html
Where Does Thalia Lions Club Fit In?
* Lions Club International (LCI) - http://lionsclubs.org/EN/index.php and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions_Club - has 45,000 clubs and 1.3 million members in 201 countries around the world making the members of Thalia Lions Club part of the world's largest service club organization. * Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) –
LCIF, the official charitable Foundation of LCI, helps to fund Lions humanitarian projects.
* Lions of Virginia - http://www.lionsofvirginia.org/
* Our district - District 24D (one of six districts in Virginia) web page is @ http://www.lions-of-virginia-24d.org/ and http://lions-of-virginia-24d.org/Club_Links.html. The “Knights Vision” newsletter for up-to-date 24D information is located @ http://www.lions-of-virginia-24d.org/Knight_s_Vision.html
For a list of clubs in 24D and those with web sites please see http://www.lions-of-virginia-24d.org/Club_Links.html
* Our region - Region III (16 clubs) (one of three regions under 24D)
* Thalia Lions Club is under Zone "G" (6 clubs) (one of three zones - "E," "F," and "G" under Region III). Region III was reorganized in 2010 and some web sites may show the old organization.
Posted by Bob Perrine at 11:59 PM